Welcome to Hillel at the Claremont Colleges!
We strive to build a close-knit community among Jewish college students and
we invite you to explore the expansive Jewish life at the Claremont Colleges.
Events are open to students, faculty, and staff as well as to residents of the
surrounding community. We include people of all backgrounds, experiences,
political views, and identities.
Welcome to Hillel at The Claremont Colleges
Join us for Welcome (Back) Events in August 2014!
WELCOME BACK BAGEL AND LOX BONANZA — Monday, September 1st — 11:00am to 1-ish pm at
Celebrate the new semester, meet students from Hillel tie dye, eat yummy bagels, lox and all the kinds of wonderful toppings!
|Services:||5:30pm (led by students)|
|Dinner:||6:30pm (RSVPS helpful!)
Relax at the end of the first busy week with great singing, delicious food and new friends!
High Holy Days 5775
Full schedule of services and meals will be posted in the Fall
Rosh Hashanah* — begins Wednesday evening, Sept. 24th through Friday, September 26th
- Wed, September 24th
- 5:30pm, Festival Meal, Hampton Room, Scripps (RSVP helpful, all are welcome!)
- 7:00pm, Evening Services, Balch Auditorium, Scripps
- Thursday, September 25th
- 10:00am —Morning Services, Balch, Kiddush and Tashlich following services
- Friday, September 26th
- 10:00am — Morning Services, Kiddush following services
Yom Kippur — begins Friday evening, October 3rd
through Saturday evening, October 4th
- Friday, October 3rd
- 5:00pm — Pre-Fast Meal, Hampton Room, Scripps
- 7:00pm — Kol Nidrei Services, Balch, Scripps
- Thursday, October 4th
- 10:00am — Morning Services, Balch
- Services continue throughout the day
- 6:30pm — Ne’ilah
- Approximately 7:30pm — Break-the-Fast, Hampton Room (RSVPS required)
* Please note it is important to talk with your faculty member in advance to arrange for any make-up work if you will be missing class for observances of the holy days.
|Friday, Sept.5th||Welcome Back Shabbat (McAlister Center)|
|Friday, Oct. 3rd||Pre-Fast Shabbat Dinner (at Hampton Room)|
|Friday, Oct. 10th||Sukkot Shabbat (Sushi in the Sukkah)|
|Friday, Oct 17th||Simchat Torah Shabbat (McAlister Center)|
Most services at 5:30pm and Shabbat Dinner at 6:30pm. RSVP and more info at email@example.com.