Campus Safety: Reporting Emergencies On Campus
- Call ext. 72000 or ext. 18170
(if you are off campus call 909-607-2000 or 909-621-8170)
- Silent witness program: report a crime anonymously
- Emergency phones are located throughout the campuses for a direct,
automatic connection to Campus Safety.
- Some phones have blue lights, some phones are red or orange in boxes
- The Campus Safety dispatcher has the phone locations and will dispatch an officer to your location when the phone is activated, whether you talk or not.
- Please stay near the phone if possible and describe your urgent need while an officer responds.
- Use emergency phones for: danger, fire medical emergency, crime in progress, suspicious activity.
- Most residence halls have exterior campus phones; use them to call Campus Safety as needed at 7-2000.
- Escort service: call anytime at extension 7-2000.
The Department of Campus Safety operates 24 hours daily 365 days yearly. We are the only department on campus which is always on duty.
Campus Safety is the first responding agency on campus. While Campus Safety officers respond to your needs, any other needed agencies such as police, fire, medical, hazardous material handlers, etc., will be directed to the location as needed by the Campus Safety dispatcher. Campus Safety officers will clear the way and guide other emergency service providers to our exact location and you will get the service faster if the call goes to Campus Safety first. (If you wish to call 9-1-1 anyway, remember to enter a "9" first to get an outside line (9-9-1-1) from a campus extension and be ready to provide your exact location and building address to a dispatcher who does not know the campus).
Officers know the campus streets and buildings and are trained in first aid respond quickly on mountain bikes and electric carts. Campus Safety has a close working relationship with the Claremont Police department and the Los Angeles County Fire Department and local ambulance providers. They respond quickly and professionally when needed.
CUC & Campus Safety Emergency RSS FeedCurrent Alerts
No alert at this time